- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Chicken burgers
This recipe takes a chicken burger with guacamole, salsa and cheese, sandwiched together in a toasted burger bun. The burgers can also be grilled on the barbecue for a summer treat.
9 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 4 burgers
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat soured cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 450g minced chicken
- 2 to 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- To serve
- 4 slices mature Cheddar cheese
- 4 burger buns, split
- 50g lettuce, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons salsa
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:35min › Ready in:1hr10min
- To make the guacamole, place the avocado, coriander, soured cream, chilli powder, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Mix chicken, chillies, spring onions, oregano, salt, garlic granules and pepper in a bowl. Form the mixture into 4 burgers
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grid on the grilling pan. Grill each burger 5 minutes per side, until well done. Top each burger with a slice of cheese. Lightly toast the burger buns.
- Spread the bottom of each bun with guacamole and top with lettuce and a chicken burger. Spoon some salsa on each burger and top with the other half of the bun to serve.