- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This is an American salad, but it has some of my favourite ingredients: chicken, egg, tomatoes, blue cheese and avocado.
406 people made this
- 3 eggs
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 425g (15 oz) chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 100g (4 oz) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado - peeled, stone removed and diced
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- Ranch salad dressing to serve
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:50min
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Cook or grill bacon over medium high heat until evenly brown. Dice and set aside.
- Divide shredded lettuce among individual plates.
- Evenly divide and arrange chicken, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon, avocado and spring onions on top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle with Ranch or your favourite dressing and enjoy.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(468)
Reviews in English (302)
Used different ingredients.I prefer a mixture of cos and little gem lettuce with a dressing consisting of red wine vinegar, olive oil (which I drizzle in slowly to emulsify) dijon mustard, chopped fresh chives and crumbled blue cheese. Any way you decide to make this salad with whatever dressing, it will always be a hit. Thanks so much Mr. Bill!-24 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients.Delicious!! Delicious!! Delicious!! I omitted the spring onions (just don't like them) and added some black olives. Try this!!-24 Jul 2008
Funny you mention this is an American salad, as the first time I had it was in France over 30 years ago.-22 Aug 2016